- Large Plastic Easter Egg (you will only need the top of it for this project)
- 2 CDs
- Mini touch light (I bought mine at the Dollar Tree)
- 3 AAA batteries
- Glue Gun and glue sticks
- Cardboard (I used the side off a 24 pack of Diet Coke)
- 9001 Glue or other craft glue (to glue the CD's together)
- Aluminum foil
- Tin can or other object that is about 1/2 in around larger than the circumference of your plastic egg
- Crochet thread (or other strong thread to string through the top of the UFO)
Glue 2 CDs together using 9001 or other craft glue (I tried using a glue gun on my first attempt and would not recommend it as it did not glue evenly and it was bumpy)
Open up the mini touch light an put the batteries in seen below and then replace cover. Use a can or other item that is slightly larger than the circumferance as the egg to make a circle on cardboard then cut it out. Then place the plastic egg in the center, draw a circle around that then cut it out.
Place the circle of cardboard on the top of the egg and make the edge flush with the bottom of the top of the egg.
Use a thumbtack to make a hole in the top of the plastic egg. Thread a the crochet or other strong thread through the top through the opening and tie a knot and secure on the inside with a bit of glue.
Cover the top of the egg and cardboard with aluminum foil then poke a hole the top and thread it through the aluminum foil.
Glue the bottom of the cardboard to the CDs with a hot glue gun. The mini touch light has a strip you can pull off to attach it to things - pull it of and secure it and you may want to use the hot glue gun or the 9001 or other craft glue to secure it to the CD's.
If you need to change the batteries, you can unscrew the bottom of the touch light from the base
that is glued to the CDs.