Sunday, December 21, 2014
Sunday, July 6, 2014
Indietutes using a thrift t-shirt will be perfect for the dog days of Summer on a little girl.
It was easy to make; I completed it while watching a television show that lasted an hour.
- Bias tape (under 1 package)
- Scraps of fabric for the pockets
- Sewing machine & thread
- Tracing wheel and tracing paper
- Interfacing (optional)
- Straight Pins
- Free printable pattern and instructions from Indietutes (Pattern has sizes 2/3, 4/5, and 6/7)
For the pocket placement, I used tracing paper on the of the fabric to mark them.
For the pockets, I used interfacing and also lined the pockets on so they will not stretch out and provide stability before pinning them to the right side of fabric and stitching down.
Sunday, June 1, 2014
Dress A Girl Around The World and inspired by tutorials on that blog.
- Tank Top
- 1 1/2 yards of fabric (for a girl's size 14 - 23 inches around - wider if a fuller skirt is desired)
- Straight Pins
- 1/4 yard iron on interfacing
For the skirt, I used the selvage edge as the bottom of the skirt so no need to hem it and measured up 28 inches and cut across.
Then added a gathering stitch 1/4 and 1/2 inch away from the top edge beginning 5/8 of in inch end on each side leaving long tails to be able to gather the fabric.
With right sides together, pin then stitch a seam down the back and pin the seam in the center in back then pin and gather then stitch 5/8 an inch away from the edge. Turn right side out, clip any loose threads and your new tank dress is complete.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and happy crafting:)
Sunday, April 27, 2014
I spotted this project on Dollar Store Crafts and the tutorial is on The Budget Decorator
Items I used were
- Empty clear glass jar
- Hot Glue Gun & Glue Sticks (I used 3 1/2 sticks)
You could use any clear glass container and a different shape could give it a more exotic looks, but I used an empty salsa jar with the label soaked off and then dried.
Once the glue dried I finished applying the glue around the bottom of the jar and it was done.
After completing and seeing the results, I think it looks better where the glue was only lightly applied (at the bottom) instead of more heavily (middle to the top).
Linking up to:
DIY Party at DIY Showoff