Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thai Cucumber Relish - Ah Jaht

I found this recipe over at One Perfect Bite and like all of the ingredients (although I am the only one that I ever serve food to that does). The author of the recipe advised that they make this as a salad and serve it with Thai Coconut Curry. It is crisp and cool with a hot kick. http://oneperfectbite.blogspot.com/2009/04/thai-cucumber-relish-ah-jaht.html Thai Cucumber Relish - Ah Jaht Ingredients: 1/2 cup white or rice wine vinegar 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup sugar 1 teaspoon salt 2 large hothouse cucumbers or 1 pound garden cucumbers 3 tablespoons thinly sliced shallots or coarsely chopped red onion (I used a yellow onion) 2 teaspoons thinly sliced small red or green chilies (I substituted Red Pepper flakes)
Yield: 3 cups. Combine vinegar, water,sugar and salt in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar and salt dissolve. Set aside. Cool.
The recipe advised to cut cucumbers into 4 long strips then each strip crosswise into bite size triangles - I just cut it into small cubes. I then chopped the onion into small bits and measured out the red pepper flakes then poured into a container and mixed everything together.
Add cooled dressing.
Can be served at room or chilled. I served mine chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment