Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Christian Louboutin Copy Cat Shoes

This inspiration was from Sarah D.'s posting at CO+K awhile back http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/faux_christian_louboutin_s This is a pair of dress heels that I bought at thrift store for $2 and while the tops looked great, the bottoms were scruffy and the thrift store had written the price on the bottom and I was not able to scrub it off, so I decided to give this a try and it turned out very well. Sorry, but I didn't take pictures of the process as I was not sure how they were going to turn out. Items used:
  • Acrylic Cherry Red paint
  • Sponge Paintbrush
  • Clear Coat Spray Acrylic
  • Masking tape (optional)
I would suggest using masking tape all around the area near the sole of the shoe before you begin painting as it will prevent you from getting paint on the shoe - I didn't and although I as able to wipe off the red acrylic paint because it was still wet with no problem, when I applied the clear coat spray, it over sprayed and it caused the vinyl on the side to bubble up a bit, but fortunately, it is not too noticeable.
You paint the bottom of the shoes with the red acrylic paint with a sponge paintbrush - I used 6 coats and allowed the coats to dry throughly between coats. I then sprayed on the clear acrylic paint as a sealant and to give it shine.

3 comments:

  1. How cool! :) You should have taken pics - even if they don't turn out, you can post them at Craftfail.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, those iconic red soles really ARE as simple as this! I'd love to see how they wear. Great job - they look JUST like the originals!
    Thanks for linking up!
    xoxox
    Carly
    www.chic-steals.com

    ReplyDelete