- UFO made from Dollar Store items (be sure to save the plastic covering off of the mini-touch light as it will be glued to the top of the glass) http://craftsandcreationswithkathy.blogspot.com/2009/04/ufo-from-dollar-store-and-upcycled.html
- Shaun The Sheep - here is a link to the how-to that I posted at Cut Out and Keep -http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/shaun_the_sheep_2 or you could use a small plastic animal or a small action figure.
- Glass (this one is a plastic one from Dollar Tree is clear with green around the top that gives it an eerie glow).
- Forest Gren Felt (for the grass)
- Plastic lid (to glue the "grass" on to)
- 9001 glue or other strong, clear glue
- 12 oz can of soda
Apply glue to the bottom of the glass then place the plastic off of the mini touch light upside down on it like so:Put a 12 oz can of soda or other soft drink (I guess you could use a beer if you were so inclined) on inside the top off the mini-touch light and allow the glue to dry. Put the lid on the felt and use a pen to trace around the circumference, then cut out the felt where you traced. Turn the lid upside down, apply glue and then place the felt in the center and smooth it down. Place Shaun or whatever critter that is to be considered for abduction in the center of the lid, then place the glass over the top of them and put the spaceship inside the the top off of the mini-touch light and you have yourself an Alien Abduction Nite Lite! I entered this in Instructable's Mother's Day contest just for the fun of it. ALIEN ABDUCTION NITE LITE - More DIY How To Projects