Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

SALT SCRUB

This is my first ever attempt at trying to make something like this. It is based on a tutorial by jojobeans designs at the following site http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/salt_scrub For my scrub I used the following:
  • 1 cup espom salts
  • 3 TBSP sea salt
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 2 TBSP Spearmint leaves
  • 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
  • A few drops of green food coloring

I mixed everything together and put in an old olive jar (I painted the lid with spray paint first) then tied piece of fabric in a bow on the upper edge of the jar.

I was worried that the salts would be too coarse and rough, but I tried some on my hands but they were tempered with the olive oil and it was refreshing and it smelled nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment