Bookmark and Share

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Candy Sushi

I first heard of this over a CO+K and the how-to by Stephanie N. http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/candy_sushi This was a big hit with my son so I will make it again, but if you can't stand to have your hands sticky (I can't) you might want to invest in some plastic gloves to wear when you make these (I will!) and it is sticky and a bit tricky. The basic premise is you make Rice Krispie Treats, cut it an inch wide and 2-3 inches long put a piece of two of gummy candy in the center, roll the Rice Krispie Treat around the gummy, then wrap a bit of fruit roll up around that, and presto, you have a piece of candy sushi. It sounds easier than it is; my gummies wanted to either be buried entirely or pop out on one side and when trying to wrap the fruit rollup around the "sushi" the rice tried to escape out the bottom or the top. Instead of regular marshmallows, through a promotion at our local grocery store I got a bag for Vanilla Carmel marshmallows for free with purchase a certain number of Coke products and used it is why the sushi "rice" appears brownish.

No comments:

Post a Comment