Bookmark and Share

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Scented Bath Salts

The above is based on a how to at the following site http://www.ehow.com/how_4592105_own-bath-salts.html For this project I used:
  • 3 cups Epsom Salts
  • 2 cups Baking Soda
  • 1 cup Kosher Salt
  • Approx 30 drops of scented essential oil (I used imitation "Red Door" scent)
  • 12 drops red food coloring
  • Large bowl
  • Large spoon
  • Containers (I used glass jars)
  • Funnel

Pour the epsom salts into the mixing bowl.

Pour the baking soda in with the epsom salts Pour the kosher salt in with espom salt and baking soda.

Mix the three ingredients together throughly.

Add red food coloring to the salts and mix in (I had to press down on the lumps that formed around the drops of food coloring to get them to mix in) - keep adding food coloring until you have the desired color (I was going for a light pink, not red, so I only used approx. 12 drops)

Add the essential oil and mix throughly. Use a funnel and spoon the balt salts into the funnel on top of a jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment