Bookmark and Share

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Baked Spinich Dip

I wanted to use up a box of spinich that had been in freezer for awhile and went in search of a recipe and found this one at
It turned out pretty good and served mine with tortilla chips, although it could be served with bread or pita wedges. It was mild and creamy, but really didn't have an overtly spinich taste to it. I did end up adding a little more tabasco sauce and parmesan cheese.
1 (300 g) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained 1 (250 g) package cream cheese 1/4 cup onion, chopped 4 garlic cloves, minced 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (I ended up using a little over 1/4 tsp) 2 tablespoons milk 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
4 TBSP Paremsan Cheese (optional)
Blend all ingredients in food processor, except cheddar cheese, adding as much milk as necessary for a smooth and creamy consistency.
Amount of garlic and/or Tabasco sauce can be increased for more intense flavour (I ended up adding another 1/8th tsp of Tabasco sauce after it was baked as it was a little to bland for my taste).
Spread in pie plate
T
Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake at 375F for 35 minutes or until heated through and cheddar cheese is melted. Mine was a wee bit overbaked, but I mixed the cheese topping in and it turned out ok.
In the reviews I had read on the recipe, many recommended adding Parmesan Cheese, so I added about 4 TBSP.
You could put in decorative bowl for self-service, or put on a plate with a side of chips, pita or other bread.

1 comment: