Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Nautical Bejeweled Shoes

I bought the overly white shoes when Steve & Barry's were going out of business a few months ago for around $3 and they have been sitting my closet as well, they are just too darn white and too darn plain.
After making a Nautical Bejewled top and having leftover stones, I decided to jazz up the shoes to somewhat match the top and the end result cost me less than $4 total.
Items used:
  • White canvas shoes
  • 2 1/2 yds for white rope cording (.37 yd at Walmart)
  • 8 decorative stones
  • Amazing Goop glue
  • Hot glue gun and glue sticks
  • Tape
  • Clothepins

I arranged 3 stones on top of the shoes and glued down with Amazing Goop glue. To help keep the stones from sliding, I attached clothes pins on either side of the two stones on the top of the shoe.

I glued 1 stone on the heel of each shoe and held it in place with a clothespin while it dried.

Cut the rope into 45 inch lengths and tape off each end with tape to keep the rope from unravelling. Center the length of rope and tie a knot in the center and loop around the stone at the toe of the shoe. Tie knots around the other two stones and take it to the back of the shoe and tie a knot around the stone in back.

Pull of the knot and use a hot glue gun to glue around the stone then push the knot back down over the stone to glue it into place. Repeat with all stones until completed. I also pushed the rope on the side up a bit and ran a thin line of glue on each side then pushed the rope back down and glued it to each side.

1 comment: