Bookmark and Share

Monday, April 27, 2009

PITCH BLACK GLOW-IN-THE-DARK NOTEBOOK

This is a notebook that I decorated with the "Pitch Black" movie theme (one of my fav movies) and to make it different, I used glow-in-the-dark paint on the center portion to make it look more like what how the creatures in the movie would see Riddick. This is what it looks like in the dark without using any flash; in person it is much easier to see the outline of Riddick's face, but it just doesn't photograph well. This cost under $1 to make. The materials that I used:
  • Notebook
  • Reduced photocopy of a small "Pitch Black" poster (have similar images on the internet though)
  • Scribbles Glow-In-The-Dark 3-D fabric paint
  • Scribbles Glittering Crystal 3-D fabric paint
  • Scribbles Shiny Black 3-D fabric paint
  • Glue Stick

Go over the back of the photocopy with the glue stick, be sure to get all edges as well as the inner perimeter.

Turn the photocopy over and press it firmly to the front of the notebook and smooth out.

For the face area, I put a dab of the glow in the dark paint and smoothed it over with my finger, then used the paint to paint rays away from the face and on one of the rings of the planet. I allowed it to dry and dabbed small bits of the shiny black paint to better define Riddick's face.

For the movie credits area, I used the Glittering Crystal paint and smoothed the paint over with my fingers around the entire area. I also put small dots of the same paint around the top of the planet to look like stars.

For the lettering at the top, I outlined the lettering with Glittering Crystal paint and let dry, then went around that paint with the Shiny Black Paint. I also used same paint to cover up the purple from the notebook on either side of the the picture and around the planets.

No comments:

Post a Comment