Bookmark and Share

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Cinnamon Banana Nut Muffins and Midget Bread

It is still chilly here so to warm up the place a bit and to try to make a bakery type treat without the bakery type price, I made Cinnamon Banana Nut Muffins and Midget Bread (what I call Midget bread is whatever batter you have left over from making muffins that is not enough to make a full loaf).
To save time I used a box mix and added spices and nuts.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Pour all of the following into a bowl to mix:
1 box Banana Bread Mix (I used Betty Crocker 13.9 oz box - on sale for $1.39) 2 Eggs 3 tbsp Vegetable or Corn Oil 3/4 Water
1/2 cup nuts (I used hazelnuts)
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg Mix together for approximately 50 strokes Pour into baking cups and and pre-greased baking pan (I used PAM spray)
Bake for 25-30 minutes, then put on a plate to cool for a few minutes before serving. Total time: 35-40 minutes, including baking
Approx total cost for 6 muffins & midget bread: $2.00

No comments:

Post a Comment