- Free pattern and instructions from Dana from "Made"
- The Graphics Fairy of a Vintage Bicycle
- T-Shirt (I used a women's large)
- 2 pieces of fabric 2 1/2 inches by 26 inch fabric for bow
- 1 piece of fabric 2 inches by 36 inches for ruffle
- Printer and paper
- Black fabric paint
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Straight pins
I followed the instructions up to cutting out and stitching armholes and gather stitching, but before stitching together I printed off a half-page image of the bike then played around with where I wanted to position it on the dress.
Using the black fabric paint I went over all of the black lines with black paint the positioned it on the t-shirt with the paint side down and lightly patted it down to transfer the image (Note: it will be a mirror image to whatever image you are transferring, so it won't work with lettering).
For the remainder of the dress, I followed the instructions.
I also added a two inch ruffle (approximately 1 yd wide) at the bottom, using an iron to press up a 1/2 inch hem then stitching down and using a gather stitch at the top. I then sewed the ends together, pinned underneath the shirt at the hem then applied the decorative stitch to finish.
Linking up to: