Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

MONSTER HIGH - CREATE-A-MONSTER DOLLS

Picture I took at my local Target on 4/30/12

Watch out Barbie, there is a new girl in town. 

Mattel started a line in 2010 of "Monster High" Fashion dolls, based on old horror movies and monsters. They are goth and glam with a lot of attitude.  I find them to be a refreshing alternative from blonde-haired, blue-eyed, big bosommed beach going Barbies that I grew up playing with.

I was excited to see they now also have a "Create-A-Monster", that come with parts so you can create your own doll and is for ages 6 and up.

The above kit, which Target was selling for $19.99, has one torso, but two sets of everything else: upper and lower arms, upper and lower legs, hands, heads, outfits.  You can create a Vampire or Sea Monster themed doll, or combine any way you want and call the creature whatever you would like.

The only downsides that I see are if you have children under 3 some of the smaller parts could be a choking hazard if not kept out of reach and I think they should also have torsos in the kit so you could create two dolls.

They also have these for sale at Amazon.com for around the same price, along with a Skeleton, Bee and 3-Eyed Girl accessory kits to create even more options for between $10-$10.96.


The above was Create-A-Monster was the only one available at my local store; however, when I looked online here they indicate that Werewolf/Dragon, Witch/Cat Girl and Gargoyle/Vampire should also be available in stores.  

What do you think of these dolls? 

Be sure to check out all of the other participants in the May Monster Madness.

(Collection closed)
Link tool by inlinkz.com

No comments:

Post a Comment