Bookmark and Share

Friday, July 30, 2010

TWISTED STONED FLOWERS FROM SCRAPS

Make pretty flowers with from scraps and dollar store decorative stones.

This is super simple, quick and easy.  You can use them to create a statement necklace, barrette, pin...anything you like (I haven't decided yet what I want to do with them).

Items used:
  • Soda Can
  • Paper
  • Paper
  • Pen or Sharpie
  • Scissors
  • Scrap of felt or other sturdy fabric
  • Ruler or seam gauge (optional)
  • Scraps of fabric
  • Decorative stone - small 
  • Hot Glue Gun




















Use a soda can or other circular object to draw a circle on a piece or paper.  Cut out and use a template. Place circle on felt, draw around it with a pen or Sharpie then cut out.




















I measured off 1 inch of a piece of scrap fabric that was 22 inches long, cut then tore as I wanted a jagged edge - what you use is up to you.  Total I used 2 pieces of 22 inches of fabric for this item.












Use glue gun to glue down fabric and start twisting.  Dab a bit of glue on top of the fabric and glue down the stone.  Twists fabric, dab glue, push down and repeat all the was around the flower, twisting as you go.












Keep on dotting glue at intervals and tacking down - if you run out of the scrap, add another piece of the same or contrasting fabric that you would like or trim the edges and use as is.  I added another length of fabric and trimmed on this one.  On the yellow flower, I dotted glue on the fabric and glued down even after I had gone beyond the circle.

4 comments:

  1. They are just beautiful... good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday, great to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these sort of ideas, they are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for linking up to www.thetshirtdiaries.com. I am having a Stash-Busting September party. Check the blog for details soon...

    ReplyDelete