This is for Mom's Crazy Cooking Challenge for January and the challenge this month is Chicken Noodle Soup.
For this challenge, I chose a recipe from Mommy's Kitchen for a Creamy Chicken Noodle Bake. I halved the recipe as I did not need 6-8 servings; I even ended up taking 1/2 to a friend who asked for the recipe and had more than enough for 4 people.
The point of the challenge is to use a recipe of a fellow blogger, then make and share it.
- 1 1/2 cooked chicken, cut up into bite size pieces (I used two boneless chicken breasts)
- Garlic Salt (or other seasoning preferred to season chicken)
- 1 TBSP Butter or olive oil (to saute chicken)
- 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 bag 12 oz pkg of wide egg noodles, cooked al dente
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 sleeve Ritz Crackers or additional 1/2 cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese (optional)
Instead of grilling my chicken, I sauteed mine sprinkling a generous helping of garlic salt on each side until done then cut into pieces.
Once mixed, I poured the ingredients into a 9x9 baking dish and baked for 30 minutes (you could put and additional 1/2 cup of cheese on the top or 1/2 sleeve of broken up Ritz Crackers.)
I didn't add anything at this point because I knew that one person receiving was a "food separatist" and may or may not want to add their own crackers on top.
Thanks for looking and be sure to check out what other participants have made for the challenge at the linky below.