See Nail Art and 1000's of others - or share your own on Cut Out + Keep\
As commercial nail art/stickers can be a bit pricey, here is how to make it last a bit longer. I did these nails before we went on vacation and it last 10 days (until I took it off) with no touch ups.
The hardest part of this is being patient enough to allow the polish to dry completely between coats.
I posted a picture tutorial at http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/nail-art-4 here is the quick and dirty version.
- Clean Nails. Use nail polish removal to remove any prior nail polish so you will start with a clean nail.
- Base Coat. Use clear nail polish/hardener/varnish on nails before applying nail polish to fill in ridges so you will start with an even surface. Allow to dry completely.
- Apply Nail Polish. Depending on the brand you use, use one to two coats. I use cheaper nail polish and usually use two coats. Allow to dry completely.
- Apply Nail Art. Apply stickers and/or any other decoration (if glued on, such as rhinestones, allow to dry.)
- Apply 2-3 coats of Top Coat. Use clear nail polish/hardener/varnish on nails to seal and protect the polish and art on your nail. Allow to dry completely between each coat.