Bookmark and Share

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Rock Frog

This is a rock frog that I made for my fairy/whimsy garden. (Sorry for the fuzzy pictures - my good camera went out on me and I had to drag this old camera out of the closet).
Items used:
  • Rock
  • Green Acrylic Paint
  • Paintbrush
  • Black Marker
  • Green Pipe Cleaner
  • Hot glue gun and glue sticks (or other strong glue)
  • 2 googly eyes
  • Optional - Clear Acrylic Spray Paint

Paint the rock green (or any color your want your frog to be)

Cut the pipe cleaner in half and shap them into legs by bending the right end back then up at angle then down at an angle about an inch over and then bend at an angle forward and twist it back and then around the edge of the foot. Repeat to make the legs for the other side of the frog.

Glue the legs on to the bottom of the frog.

Glue the eyes on the frog and draw on a mouth (and warts on the back if you would like) with the black marker and spray with clear acrylic paint and allow to dry (this was done before I put him outside, but the picture did not turn out).

No comments:

Post a Comment