Bookmark and Share

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Fly Pod

Upcycle an emply Arizona Ice Tea Bottle into a Fly Pod.
This is another decoration that I made for my Fairy/Whimsy Garden and had originally started out as just another fairy house until I started decorating the bottle and noticed it sort of looked like the pods that were in the the Jeff Goldbloom version of "The Fly" and decided to turn it into a fly pod.
Items used for this project:
  • 1 large Arizona tea plastic bottle
  • Xacto knife or box cutter
  • White Spray paint
  • Silk flowers and ribbon (optional)
  • Hot glue gun and glue sticks (optional)

I started by cutting small holes in the lid, inserted the flowers in the holes then hot glued the stems from the underside of the cap then screwed the cap back on.

I used an Xacto knife to cut out an opening for the pod . You might want to use a box cutter as the plastic is very sturdy.

In a well ventalated area (I did it outside) spray white spray paint inside the opening of the bottle to fully coat the inside white and allow it to dry.

I left my bottle brown on the outside and I thought the black would be to harsh to go with the other items I have out, but for a more realistic look you might want to paint the outside black or silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment