These are a little like the Cheddar Bay Biscuits that you can get at Red Lobster.
Makes 12 biscuits.
- 2 cups Bisquick or similar baking mix
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 TBSP cold butter or margarine
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic (or 1 clove fresh)
- 2 TBSP butter or margarine
- 1/4 tsp dried cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put baking mix in a bowl. Use a grater and grate the butter into the bowl and mix together until will distributed. The butter does not have to cut in completely - having little bits of butter in the batter helps to make it fluffy.
Add milk, garlic and cheese.
Mix until well blended and dough balls up in the center of the bowl.
Drop by tablespoon on to a greased baking sheet. 15-17 minutes and remove from oven.
Put the topping ingredients into a microwave safe bowl for about a minute to melt the butter. Remove from the microwave and mix the ingredients together.
Brush or spoon the topping mixture on top of each biscuit and serve.