Instead of wrapping with with thread, I used the tutorial for "Elegant Prom Hair" at Girly Do's By Jenn
To achieve this look you need:
- Medium to long hair
- 8-12 Small elastic bands (I used ones by Scunci)
- Comb or brush
- Bobby pins
- A friend to assist (optional) or large mirror and a smaller mirror
http://www.girlydohairstyles.com/2009/08/elegant-prom-hair-style.html and it has step-by step pictures that are easy to follow.
You can do this on your own, but it would be much easier if you have an extra pair of hands and eyes or you will have to keep using a mirror to keep checking it to see how it looks before progressing.
1. Brush hair back into a ponytail and secure it with elastic (I centered it in the back of my head, but you could place it anywhere you like.
2. Separate the pony tail into two to four sections (I only separated into top and bottom strands) and secure those strands with elastic.
3. Separate each of the sectioned pieces in half again and join it to the piece that is adjacent to it in the other sectioned off strand and secure those with a piece of elastic. Continue with remaining pieces of sectioned hair.
4. Tuck ends under and secure with bobby pins.
5. Lightly spray the entire head with hairspray.